Use, Re-use and Recycle
The TacFast® LocPlate® Products are made by injection-molding inert polypropylene resins. Initial products are being manufactured using virgin polypropylenes; however, TacFast is working diligently to incorporate post-consumer and post-industrial plastics into the manufacturing of the Hook Plates and Discs.
- LocPlate® Products are warranted to stay on the floor for up to 25 years depending on end-use application and backing configuration
- A universal substrate technology — can be used for multiple TacFast®-compatible surface coverings eliminating the need to re-prep the subfloor for change in surface or surface-type
- LocPlate® Products are good for multiple surface replacements
- Eliminates floor prep between TacFast retrofits resulting in dematerialization
- Clean surface removal
- TacFast®-compatible surfaces can be re-claimed or re-used
- Hook Plates and Discs can be unassembled and re-assembled multiple times making them re-usable. They can be moved and re-installed in other locations.
- Hook & loop is releasable so stained or damaged products can be easily repaired or replaced without jeopardizing the entire installation
- Can contribute to minimal change of surface coverings (strategic change/design) reducing the overall replacement of product (less use of product)
- Hook & loop mechanical engagement coupled with the free-floating LocPlate® substrate allows access to the sub-floor at any time for any reason without ever jeopardizing the surface coverings or the LocPlate® Products
- Due to the inherent properties of polypropylene, the LocPlate® Products do not promote the growth of mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria
Life-Cycle of TacFast® Installations
Ultimate Disposal or Recycling
TacFast is currently developing a global reclamation and recycling program that will provide a closed-loop program for the LocPlate® Products making them truly cradle-to-cradle. The aim is to have TacFast depots strategically located to receive the used LocPlate® Products. TacFast will clean, grind and reuse the polypropylene from the reclaimed Hook Plates and Discs in the manufacturing of new Hook Plates and Discs.
- LocPlate® Products can be reclaimed
- LocPlate® Products can be cleaned, ground & reused to make "new" Hook Plates and Discs leading to closed-loop recycling
- Clean removal of products means no contamination of surface, LocPlate® Products or pre-existing subfloor